Pages

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Science tech

My ears were filled with laughter and shouting. The noise didn’t stop me from all the excitement in me though. I had been wanting to learn more about science and this was just the start. We met with our science teacher, whose name was Mrs Gowith and we were seated at tables which were going to be our permanent groups.

First we needed to listen to instructions, obviously, so we knew what to do. We started our first experiment, which was putting colors into milk. We had to observe what was happening when we added dish washing liquid. Before adding anything, we had to predict what would happen. We then practiced lighting a meth burner with a match and how to suffocate the fire/put it out. Then we had to burn a piece of paper and put it out with a cloth. That was our task for the next week we went tech.

It was the same the next week we went. We lined up and sat in our usual spots. Today's experiment was with fire, just the same thing we did last week. But when it came to my turn, something really frightening happened. Instead of placing the paper on the table, it flicked and landed on the carpet and it rebounded off Agnes’ lap. I was terrified and tears trickled in my eyes, it had frightened me. I had to be more careful around fire.

The last activity for the day was with ice and water. We had to see what happened when we put two ice cubes into warm/hot water. Then we had to check the temperature and record it from before we  put ice cubes in and when we added the ice cubes. Then we done the same with cold water. It was funny because the temperature rose instead of going down. We then packed up and walked to the bus. Maybe I could try those experiments at home.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great writing Destiny, it can be a little nerve racking when you do something new, but it soon passes.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.